Hope you are having an amazing 2019 so far. I love having a fresh start of a new year. This year I’m focusing on my health and the evolution of my wardrobe and I’ve literally gotten rid of all of my clothes that I wouldn’t wear for months at a time to make room for the new and upcoming.
While I love fun sexy looks for evening, I want to wear tons of suits and blazers this year. This post is being sponsored by Express and they have sent me some lovely clothing with collaboration Olivia Culpo (Express x Olivia Culpo). I love how flattering this is whether it’s unbuttoned or buttoned. The stripes work perfectly especially as it’s not fitted so it makes you look longer and leaner. I ended up wearing this outfit all day into the evening for a dinner with friends and really felt business chic all day.
This utility jumper is also so versatile, with so many different looks you can create for different moods, I went for a more modern look but cinched my waist with this coffee coloured leather belt to give it some colour and a pair of black booties and topped it off with a long cream coloured faux fur coat. Plus, jumpsuits are something you can wear all year round and can make it for casual or dress it up.
Get ready to see tons of blazers, suits and jumpers this year!
As the end of 2018 is now upon us, I am reflecting on the year we have had, all the ups and downs, the beautiful places and all delicious food. Let’s get ready to celebrate the new year with all of its possibilities and new adventures.
During this time, I love having all of our loved ones over for food and drinks.
As it’s currently winter, I tend to go for a red wine. Love Noir is so perfect at this time of the year with its rich subtle sweetness and luxurious flavours of dark cherry, raspberry and a hint of smooth espresso.
With the beautiful black and gold packaging, this wine exudes luxury and class.
Cheers to ending the year on a high note.
I have been obsessing over some winter gear lately to stay warm and chic so I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Moncler and Zara! Here are some of my winter picks to finish off 2018 in style!
Here I added some of my favourite items that are more affordable that I will be purchasing for myself and Halle!
As a child born in 1995, I have certainly worn my fair share of corduroy. Growing up I was a tom boy, I loved sports, riding bikes with the boys, climbing trees, beyblade battles, Dragon Ball Z..etc etc.
Every morning my dad would lay out Austin's and my clothes and make either hashbrowns and eggs or eggo waffles with butter and syrup or nutella and while we ate we would watch Zaboomafoo and Magic School Bus before we left to school. I remember wearing quite a lot of corduroy, specifically my favourite sky blue coloured pair. So wearing this pink corduroy is sort of nostalgic for my inner kid just wanting to run outside to ride bikes and play soccer.
Fendi recently has stolen my heart. Here are some of my favourite things I have seen and instantly fell in love with.
Bonjour my darlings. I have been working on tons of amazing and exciting upcoming projects so I have been absent from the usual Snapchat rants and silly Instagram lip syncing stories. I am so passionate about what I have been creating and cannot wait to share!!
For now, I am back in the usual uniform.. full white.
Hi guys, it has definitely been some time. I feel like 2018 is so far one of the hardest year's I have had in a very long time. I will keep it somewhat short and sweet, but as some of you may know, on March 12th our babygirl Mia passed away and it was one of the hardest things we have ever had to go through. Our poor girl's health declined everyday for a week until the seventh day where we could not watch her suffer anymore. Mia's kidneys failed early in that week and her bladder would not filter her urine anymore and she would constantly be peeing as she had no control anymore. She started having seizures on the sixth day and it was excruciating to watch as it excelled and started happening every hour so we immediately made the call for the vet to come the next morning. On the sixth day, we took Mia to the park, we gave her yummy McDonalds burgers and had a relaxing yet emotional picnic with her. We then had all of our family and friends come and visit to spend the last night with her as she really made an impact on so many lives with her sweet soul and cuddly personality. The next morning, at 10:15 am we held Mia as she got the injection. She was so peaceful, she was locked onto our gaze as I felt her last breath on my face. It was the hardest thing to see her laying there lifeless and have to pick her body up off the floor and carry her to the vet's car which would be the last time we see our angel in her physical form. Our hearts still ache and we still have very hard days without her and to be honest, when pets pass away, nothing can really fill that hole and you don't really ever get over it.
Since then, we have been trying to heal our hearts and keep working hard and of course spoil Bella. In the beginning it really affected Bella as she would always look for Mia and miss her cuddles and silliness but since then she has grown a new a new personality it seems like and is very silly and bubbly. On this journey of healing, Mother's day approached and something that was somewhat anticipated as some people sadly do not change happened. Long story short, my mother who think she has not done anything wrong in her life was arrested for assaulting many people including a police officer. I have a younger sister who is 12, who is now in my care and is my responsibility. So now this is an opportunity to get her grades up and learn more, be in a safe environment and make new friends. But it just baffles me how there are so many adults out there who do not take responsibility for their actions. A lot of people battle addictions and mental illness but I only hope that my mother and other parents who deal with these things can understand they have a problem and get the help they need or the medication they need to live a healthy lifestyle and be able to be there for their children.
Also, I firmly believe it takes a village to raise a child so any advice while I raise my sister would help a lot. She is a great kid though, I think she really just needed structure, proper scheduling and routines. So chore plans for kids would be great, rules you guys have in your household, dinner recipes and just anything you can think of!
Thank you guys, I know I have been kind of on and off social media but life happens sometimes so I really appreciate how much support I get from you guys!
Happy Friday and a particularly very happy Friday to me as a handbag lover. There was a knock on the door and I literally fell down the stairs because I knew exactly what was here. If you scroll to the bottom, you will see the new baby!
As we are talking designer, I always invest in Handbags. But I have a method in order to choose the best handbag that suits me. When I was younger I used to use HUGE bags and honestly it was unflattering because I am only 5'7 so it made me look shorter.
BAG LENGTH There is one easy rule to remember here. The part of your body where the bottom of the bag sits will be accentuated. So, if you have small hips, having a bag which sits on your hips will make your shape look more feminine. If you have large hips, try a bag which sits at your waist line, accentuating the tapering of your waist and making you look slimmer. Handbags that sit at waist level will flatter most shapes in fact, so it is always good to have a bag of this type in your collection. This for me would definitely be my Dior and Valentino Rockstud.
- BAG SHAPE - If you are tall and slim, try to choose a handbag which is rounded and slouchy, clutches are great too. If you are shorter, handbags with strong angles will look great on you and try to avoid longer straps as they weigh you down and will basically create height comparisons to this handbag.
- STYLE - Think about your general style. If you usually wear casual clothes, going for a very formal handbag is not a good idea! This can be tricky, so make sure you do a bit of research. Look in fashion magazines or on Instagram for girls wearing similar style clothes to you, then make a note of the types of handbags that they have been dressed with. You may not like that particular handbag, but note the style, and think about whether you would like it in a different colour, a different material, or if it were slightly bigger or smaller. The main thing is to note the style. If it is a tote, a clutch, or a slouch shoulder bag. If you are buying a handbag for a particular occasion, where you will be wearing something outside of your usual style, be sure to check if it perfectly matches the outfit and see if you can continue to wear it with future outfits. You are not going to buy something you don’t like, so there will always be a bit of ‘you’ in the handbag, no matter what style you choose.
- SIZE - Don’t be tempted just to follow the fashion here, very small bags on very tall girls will get lost, and alternatively if you are on the short side, you will be swamped with a large or oversized bag just like me. If you are looking to purchase a bag online, make sure you go into a store that has the bag or a similar bag to make sure it works with your body type.
Now, here is the new baby reveal.. I wanted something different than usual but also something to make my eyes pop as I do wear a lot of neutrals so this bag was perfect. I do have this one in a smaller size in cream.
Oh beautiful Thursday, we are so close to the weekend! We are also approaching Valentines Day and whether you are in love or single and loving life, you can have a fun Valentines and you can either gift your loved one or gift yourself, or both.
So to find a gift or even find inspiration for a gift you want to get yourself or your loved one, I made a gift guide for both him and her!
Also, for my single ladies and gents, here is how you can celebrate and enjoy Valentines Day blues! [Scroll below]
How to survive Valentines Day!
Treat yourself because YOU DESERVE IT. Not just for Valentines but I always try to pamper myself at least once a week. I have a nice lavender epsom bath, light some yummy candles, get your skin glowing with my favourite Dior plumping face mask and lip sugar scrub.
- Watch your fave chick flicks, this is the best time to hang out in your skivvies and have a good laugh about ex boyfriends and cry with your girls.
- Wine or Icecream? or both? if you are a wine connoisseur like me or just simply want to get a buzz on, wine is your best friend. If you are underaged, get a huge tub of maple walnut icecream or salted caramel and tons of chocolate and pizza!
- Give your girlfriends Valentines Day cards, nothing says love like the girls who are always by your side through the hard breakups, the party nights and family drama. Your best friends are always there so make sure you let them know how much you love them!
- Go dancing with the girls! Plan out your Valentines night and hit the club for a night of dancing, drinks and telling all the guys who hit on you that "yes, I am indeed a lesbian" to shoo all the boys away and get a good giggle. It will be Wednesday, but I kid you not, the club will be bumpin'.
- OR, as I once did and actually loved, I was in highschool, just went through a break up, had a delicious dinner to myself, caramelized banana with ice cream, watched Titanic by myself and cried when Jack died and went to sleep. It was actually relaxing and amazing!
Currently have been falling back in love with colour, and bright colours are going to be my go-to for Spring and Summer while also still sticking to my Neutrals but trying to add a twist to all my outfits. Here I actually cut apart and transformed this turtleneck sweater into a crew neck knit sweater. I reconstructed the turtle neck into a belt to cinch my waist for a more slender look with my nude silk straight leg trousers. Another way to make your legs look longer is by wearing nude heels. Darker shades tend to cut you off at the ankle even if it is not a strappy heel.
As it is still chilly out and we are transitioning into Spring, I paired a nude baker boy hat and nude oversized coat to really add some warmth (literally) to the outfit.
COAT: THP Shop
KNIT SWEATER: H&M
HEELS: Dior Slingback Kitten Heel
BAG: Saint Laurent
Blue Sky Dreaming
Hello Darlings, I am back and feeling great.
I am back and I am feeling great, I had a very hard month with family problems. As of now, I had received so much support and messages from amazing and strong individuals, it has really helped and wanted to thank you guys.
My entire life I have been so hard on myself and took the blame for things that were not my fault no matter how many times people tried to remind me. A dear friend of mine called me at 2am a few days ago in the midst of everything happening, just this simple thing meant the world to me and made me realize it's all about timing and there is only so much you can do for someone who doesn't want help. But I really believe that this year will be the year that I will meet and become closer to friends. 2017 was all about traveling, I didn't actually have much heartache but 2018 so far has been very emotional for me (until now). Especially being a Pisces, I overly care so it affects me a lot.
Now, I have chosen to move on and focus on myself and the people closest to me in my life. This year will be about my health and well-being.
To the good stuff, here are the outfit deets!
Ruffled Sky Blue Top: Club Monaco
White Ruffled Skirt: LPA
Slingback Heels: Dior
Diorama Grey Handbag: Dior
Happy Thursdays loves, I am today sharing an outfit post but I wanted to know whether you guys prefer more personal blog posts or just to know my Fashion/Beauty details per post. If you guys could let me know below, I can better organize what days and what you guys want, that way we can have a schedule as I want to also get to know you guys better and hear your stories as well.
Now, for those days you want to look cool and put together but still be warm and comfortable, here are the outfit details!
Jacket: Eaves Faux Fur Moto Jacket
Faux Leather Pants: Revolve